WELCOME TO THE MILEHAM KARATE DOJO - THE MKD
TEACHING KARATE IN SHREWSBURY SINCE 1970
* We teach traditional karate - building character as well as technique
* Our Chief Instructor is Chris Mileham, 7th dan
* We have been teaching children and adults in Shrewsbury since 1970
* We welcome beginners and experienced practitioners alike to join us
* There are classes for children, teens and adults
* Classes are tailored for all ages, abilities and levels - beginners, intermediate, advanced
* We are members of and regulated by Shukokai England, the English Karate Federation (EKF) and the SSWU (Shitoryu Shukokai Karatedo World Union)
As a martial art, the central aim of karate is to teach self-defence. Taught in the traditional way, karate also teaches so much more: conflict avoidance, dealing with bullying, improving self-confidence, respectful behaviour, increasing fitness, strength and health... It is a very rewarding way to have fun!
IT'S SERIOUS FUN!
New members are always welcome.
Anyone interested in finding out more can come along to TWO FREE TRIAL LESSONS.